Tuesday, November 27, 2012

my love story, chapter 2...

When rehearsals for Seven Brides for Seven Brothers first began, the brides and the brothers didn't have rehearsals together for a week or two. I didn't know anything about my partner, which saddened me because I thought Jason was very cute, even if he was almost five years younger than me.

I distinctly remember the first Saturday dance rehearsal as the day I started to fall for Jason. It was the first time we had the chance to get to know each other, and he just kept getting more and more attractive as the hours past. I told myself it was just a show-mance, and that it didn't mean anything. I flirt with everyone, so I didn't think it would be obvious that I was crushing on him.


As the rehearsals and performances went on, I liked Jason more and more. I kept telling myself he was too young for me! I have always liked younger men, but four and a half years is really pushing the limit. Those that knew about it told me it was all right because he was 18, I wasn't doing anything illegal. Haha! I have very supportive friends.

I suspected that Jason liked me as well, but tried not to let this get to me. I had just accept that it was just a crush, and move on... it would pass after the show was over... just stick it out until the end.

When there were two weeks of performances left, Jason and I both gave up trying to suppress the feelings, and he asked me on a date. I was going to be up in Cache Valley for the afternoon, so he asked me to dinner after my plans. We went to Coppermill for dinner, and went to the park to the swings. It was wonderful! Then he took me to my car, and I told him it would be all right if he kissed me before I left. Jason told me that one of his dating rules was never to kiss a girl on the first date; my argument was that we had already kissed at least 35 times already on stage. (You can argue that it's not the same thing, but we liked each other, so our stage kisses were... a little more real.) I guess my argument won out, because he came back and kissed me. Triumphant! It was wonderful, and I smiled the whole way home.

After that first date, we were "official", and we saw each other as often as possible. We received many comments from the cast members like "sheesh, finally!" and "we've all been waiting for this to happen!" I guess everyone know about us except for... us.

Jason and I were inseparable from that first date until he left on his mission five months later. 

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment